Do you want to access or change your Netgear wireless router’s settings? If you are setting up your wireless connection for the first time, or have reformatted your computer than you must login to your router to access/change the settings.
Below are the easy steps that will help you access or modify your wireless router’s settings:
- Power on your computer or laptop
- If you are setting up the router for the first time or want to change the configuration, connect your desktop/laptop (if you only have one computer) to the router with an Ethernet cable.
- If you already have a wireless connection set up (with a desktop already connected to the router with an Ethernet cable) and just want to change the configuration settings from a second computer, you don’t need to use an Ethernet cable again.
- Launch your internet browser viz. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox etc. (whichever you use).
- Type ‘192.168.1.1′ or ‘192.168.0.1′ (without quotes) in the address bar of the browser and hit ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
- This will direct you to the router login page, prompting you to enter the username and password. If it doesn’t bring up the login page, type ‘www.routerlogin.net’ (without quotes) in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Type in the username and password in the respective fields and click on OK/Login whatever you see on the window to login. Check your router docs. for the username and password, or if you have changed the information then enter the new one.
- When you see the configuration screen, setup or modify your configuration settings as desired
- When done with the settings, exit out the window by clicking on the ‘X’ button. This will log you out automatically of the configuration screen.
You can also try these IP addresses viz. ‘192.168.10.1′, ‘192.168.100.1′, ‘192.168.0.5′, ‘10.1.10.1′
You must check your login information such as username and password before entering anything. The information usually comes printed on a sticker at the bottom of the Netgear router. Usually the username is ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’ (both without quotes) but you must check it with your router doc. or unless you have changed it.
If you are setting up your router for the first time and the password that came with the router doc. doesn’t work, you can try ‘Password’ with ‘P’ capital or ‘1234′ or ‘admin’.
If you already have your wireless router setup and have got your computer reformatted, you don’t need to login to the router. Simply connect to the wireless connection using your security key such WAP. This will be applicable in the case if you don’t want to modify the already configured settings.
The article is associated with ‘How to Netgear Router Login’ available on www.vtechsquad.com.
V tech-squad, Inc. is the leading third-party service provider of certified online technical support services. Our Microsoft-certified technicians not only resolve virus/spyware removal issues but also educate you how to avoid your PC from future interaction with any type of worm, virus, or Trojan etc. Our top-class services include Microsoft product support, antivirus issues, malware issues, spyware issues, wireless router issues, printer issues, and non-computer devices etc.